March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month!
March is Colon Cancer Awareness month. With thousands of Americans affected every year, it’s time to get screened for colon cancer.
Colon and Rectal Cancer Statistics
Current estimates by the American Cancer Society pits estimates for 2016 around:
- 95,270 new cases of Colon Cancer
- 39,220 new cases of Rectal Cancer
- 49,190 deaths due to colorectal cancer during 2016
Both men and women can
develop colorectal cancer. Though that number is dropping, it is still the case that approximately:
- 4.7% of men are going to develop colorectal cancer
- 4.4% of women are going to develop colorectal cancer
With the increase in ability to diagnose colorectal cancer early, people are now able to get the treatment they need before the cancer develops.
Treatment for Colorectal Cancer, Colonoscopies, and more
If you need to be screened for colorectal cancer in Chicago, IL – visit one of the Digestive Health Services offices and get screened! It could save your life.
For more information, call (630) 434-9312.