James R. Clark, MD - Downers Grove Gastroenterologist
Dr. James Clark is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology and is a specialist in the evaluation and treatment of gastrointestinal, pancreatic, liver, and biliary tract diseases.
He attended the University of Illinois College of Medicine and then completed his sub speciality training during a fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at Rush-Presbyterian-St.Lukes Medical Center. Following his fellowship, he became a faculty member at Rush Medical college where he was actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, and GI fellows. Dr. Clark has extensive experience in performing all endoscopic procedures including therapeutic and diagnostic colonoscopy, endoscopy, liver biopsy, gastrostomy tube placement in infrared coagulation of internal hemorrhoids. Dr. Clark was recently recognized by Advocate Physician Partners as a 2008 APP Exemplary Physcian.
Dr. James Clark Experience
Dr. Clark believes that communication is the foundation of any patient/doctor relationship. He makes concerted efforts to inform his patients of different treatment options so that the patient can make educated choices about his or her own care.
- Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (EGD)
- Video Capsule Endoscopy
- Colonoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Esophageal Motility (Manometry) and PH Testing
- Diagnostic tissue sampling of the Gastrointestinal, Hepatic and Biliary Systems
- Radiofrequency Therapy (RFA) for Barrett's Esophagus, GAVE and Radiation Proctitis
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) - including Sphinctertomy and Stenting
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) Feeding Tube Placement
- Photodynamic Therapy
- Hemorrhoid Banding